Here at Broad View Farm we eagerly await those first ripe peaches of summer – absolutely nothing can compare!
One of our favorite summer refreshments is our Peach Sangria, with freshly picked peaches sliced into a blend of white wine, peach liqueur and ginger ale. Served in our vintage punch cups, it’s the perfect welcome for your next summer party.
We served this at an outdoor Couple’s Shower last summer. The Maid of Honor wanted a party favor that would be a taste of the Shenandoah Valley , be something the guests would actually use, and within her grad school budget.
She printed the Sangria recipe on cute cards and provided brown paper bags alongside a heaping crate of ripe peaches for guests to help themselves as they left. The guests were absolutely thrilled! We’re providing the recipe for you to try at your next summer party – Enjoy!
Broad View Peach Sangria
- 2 large fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup peach liqueur or peach schnapps
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Slice peaches and place in bottom of chilled pitcher.
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and a 1/2 cup water to a boil. Stir until sugar dissolves then remove from heat and let cool to make a simple syrup.
- Pour syrup, peach liqueur, and white wine over peaches and stir.
- Place pitcher in fridge for at least two hours (or overnight).
- Add chilled ginger ale and serve with one or two slices of peach in each glass.